Now that you have collected your dataset and processed it with your choice of photogrammetry software, it’s time to prepare the files themselves for upload and processing through the AirWorks app.
Currently, we accept the following types of files:
Multiple versions of .tif only. Keep in mind that we currently do not accept .tiff files.
- 0.01 < GSD < 0.25 feet.
- GSD< 0.05’ feet for best results.
- Must be georeferenced to a recognized coordinate system, meaning it contains an EPSG code.
- Minimal distortions.
*If your data does not meet the minimum GSD threshold, you will receive a warning in our app that looks like this:
Point Cloud (3D)
Multiple versions of .las and .laz are accepted.
- Point cloud density (PCD) should be above 400 points per square meter unless LiDAR has been used.
- PCD ideally above 800 points per sqm
- If LiDAR has been used, the space between points should be less than 1 ft in both columns and rows.
- Ideally, the space between points should be less than 6”
The AirWorks web-app allows you to draw the boundary of the site area that you would like processed. Doing this in the app reduces misalignment issues.
If you already have a boundary file and would like to upload it, we accept a single version of a .kml.
- The file should be a single feature boundary, fully enclosed.
- Ensure that the boundary is a closed polygon, (I.e. first point = last point).