AirWorks software is compatible with most common coordinate reference systems (CRS) with an EPSG or ESRI code. There are still a few coordinate systems that are not currently compatible with AirWorks today due to varying entries in the transformation database. We are aware of this issue and are working for a fix in the near future. Currently these coordinate systems are not compatible with the AirWorks web application, and in particular AirWorks CAD:
- Any local/arbitrary systems
- EPSG:31468 – DHDN / 3-degree Gauss-Kruger zone 4
AirWorks software applies the CRS embedded in the user’s input data. Importing data with any of the above CRS’s may result in any of the following issues:
- Your data (imagery and point cloud) may not upload properly
- CAD linework may be shifted
- If you are using the Automate product, the linework in the .dxf file will be accurate, but will appear shifted in our web app viewer.
- If you are using our CAD product, the linework you draw may appear to be in the correct location in our web app, but will be shifted in the actual .dxf download.
If you are working with a CRS that is included in the list above, we recommend converting to another CRS that is not on the list (more on how to do that here: How to Apply CRS in QGIS). If that is not possible, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be happy to provide support and find a way to work together!